interested individuals within Lake County that are organized to enhance
the economic and socioeconomic health of their community.
It is a non-profit mutual benefit corporation of voluntary membership
that invests time and money to carry forward programs that are relevant
to members’ needs and benefit the local economy.
public and private, through which common goals can be resolved.
The basic mission of the Black Chamber of Commerce of Lake County,
is to create and promote a climate where African-American business
and industry can operate in a productive and profitable manner to
stimulate economic growth and development within the community we serve.
We shall also:
• Promote the African-American business community and the entire
area for the betterment of all. Contribute to strong economic
development efforts in order to build a robust business climate,
increase sales and generate a greater dollar volume.
• Lobby to protect and enhance our state and local business
environment and have a voice in government and legislative affairs
• Provide educational seminars to members aimed at physical and
• Work closely with North Chicago, Waukegan, and Zion Municipal
government to win local state and federal dollars.
• Publish a quarterly newsletter that keeps members up to date on
• Provide social contact and an excellent networking system through
quarterly breakfast meetings, and many other special events
• Access to health care benefits, which are passed along to members
and their employees
A better community means better business conditions. In every community,
it is from the profitable business operations that all other benefits derive.
The Black Chamber of Commerce of Lake County, Inc works for the
betterment of the entire community. Only by succeeding in this
fundamental goal, can we provide the jobs and produce the wealth of
finance for all the governmental, civic, educational, cultural and charitable
needs that our community is faced with every day.
The Black Chamber of Commerce of Lake County, Inc members will provide
the ideas, the drive, the goals, the funds and the voluntary services to keep
the chamber a valuable commodity within the community.
Chamber of Commerce